The Downers Grove Historical Society believes that by promoting the rich and unique history of Downers Grove we can create a strong sense of place and a vibrant community for residents, businesses, and well as visitors.
Incorporated in 1968, the Downers Grove Historical Society is an independent, non-profit volunteer organization whose work is funded entirely by memberships and donations.
Your membership in the Downers Grove Historical Society will support several community programs including:
- Restoration and maintenance of the historic Main Street Cemetery
- Recognition of Historical Structures and Neighborhoods throughout Downers Grove
- Oversight of the Historic Home Program in partnership with the Downers Grove Museum.
- Sponsorship of events and programs promoting historical education about Downers Grove
- Representation on the Downers Grove Historical Preservation and Design Review Board
- Amy Gassen - President
- Greg Elisha - Vice President
- Marty Acks – Treasurer
- Deb Howard - Secretary
- Rich Kulovany - Director
- Bruce Swanson - Director
- Lois Sterba - Director
- Ian Ogdon - Director
- Liz Chalberg - Immediate Past President