This landmarked Queen Anne style home was built in 1893 for Earl H. Prince and his wife Minnie and was designed by architect and carpenter J.B. Moss. It includes a stone foundation, wood clapboard siding, a hipped roof with cross gable, bandboards, and a wrap-around porch.
E.H. Prince purchased land in Downers Grove and formed E.H. Prince and Company. The E.H. Prince subdivision is located in the area between Oakwood and Highland to the east and west, and Ogden and Warren to the north and south. The company prospered until the recession in 1893, after which Prince moved west to the Gold Rush and then later Alaska.
For more information, see the Village of Downers Grove Landmarking Resolution for this house.
The video below about the history and architecture of Princeholm was created by Downers Grove resident Cindy Zaeske.