Downers Grove Historical Society
We are dedicated to the History and Heritage of Downers Grove, Illinois
The Downers Grove Historical Society is an independent, non-profit volunteer organization that was incorporated in 1968. We are dedicated to keeping history alive for future generations by preserving and promoting the heritage of Downers Grove. We seek to foster an understanding, awareness, and appreciation of our village’s history and architecture through education, community programs, publications, and acknowledgment of historic sites. We rely solely on public support to continue these efforts.
The Downers Grove Historical Society believes that by promoting the rich and unique history of Downers Grove we can create a strong sense of place and a vibrant community for residents, businesses, as well as visitors.
Incorporated in 1968, the Downers Grove Historical Society is an independent, non-profit volunteer organization whose work is funded through membership dues, donations, and various events.
Your membership in the Downers Grove Historical Society will support several community programs including:
- Restoration and maintenance of the historic Main Street Cemetery
- Recognition of Historical Structures and Neighborhoods throughout Downers Grove
- Oversight of the Historic Home Program in partnership with the Downers Grove Museum.
- Sponsorship of events and programs promoting historical education about Downers Grove
- Representation on the Village of Downers Grove Historical Preservation and Design Review Board