The architects for this building were Fugard and Knapp. The cornerstone for this building was laid on July 24, 1924. Grove Lodge held their first meeting in their new temple on February 16, 1925. Charles C. McCann, Master in 1937, bought it for texes and sold it back to the lodge for $1.00. That check was never cashed but was framed on the wall of the room when he died.
This building is home to Grove Lodge No. 824, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. The Lodge was charted October 4, 1893. Charter members included E. E. Downer, G. E. Downer, M. B. Downer, T. S. Rogers, Charles Mochel, W. S. Carpenter, and William Repine, who served as first Worshipful Master.
At least five new churches called the building home. During WWII the building was used as a Civil Defense Shelter and military motor pool training center. It also served as a temporary hospital during the 1947 Zephyr train crash.
As with all Masonic Buildings this one is dedicated to Freemasonry, Virtue, and Universal Benevolence.